Magento – Default product quantity – how to change from 0
If you have been struggling with getting the default product quantity to be more than 0 in Magento then have no fear, i have the solution.
I have been working on a Magento solution for a client Ecommerce store and was having a bit of a woeful time changing the default product quantity from 0.
Everywhere seemed to suggest that you needed to do some further code hacking, and i just felt that surely something this simple does not require some code modification that will then be overwritten when updating the software!
So here it is:
- Log in to the Admin panel
- Click on System
- Ensure you have “Default Config” selected in the “Current Configuration Scope” section in the top left. (important for Mutlistore set ups like our project)
- Click on Inventory in the Catalogue section on the left
- Then click on Product Stock Options
- In the Minimum Qty Allowed in Shopping Basket set the value to 1
Thats it, this will change the default value to 1 across all stores, there seems to be no way of doing this on a store by store level for multistore installs but then realistically why would you ever need them to be different?
Just a quick little bit of guidance there that should save you some time.